Happy Saturday! I hope everyone’s weekend is off to a fantastic start. Saturday is shopping day for Joe and I, so my Saturday is fantastic. My faaaavorite ritual!
But first, ch-ch-ch-chia! This basic chia seed pudding recipe rocks.
I’ve tried chia in my smoothies before, but wasn’t a huge fan. But these little seeds are so so good for you, so of course, I kept trying to find a way to like them. Chia pudding did the trick! The recipe is simple, and you can pretty much add whatever you want to it. Like chocolate? Add some cocoa powder. If maple syrup is your thing, mix it in. Options are endless.
This weekend, I was feeling vanilla and coconut.
You will need:
- 2 1/2 cup almond, soy, or coconut milk
- 2-4 tablespoons agave (depending on how sweet you want it!)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Choose a bowl or jar. I prefer a mason jar, because you can blend with just a few quick shakes. Also, it’s nice that it has a lid!
- Add all ingredients to the jar, and shake it up! If using a bowl, whisk until all is blended – no chunks.
- Cover up, and let sit at least 5 hours, or overnight. I left mine overnight to enjoy for breakfast first thing!
Here’s what mine looked like right before refrigeration:
When it’s done, here comes the fun part. Layer-up whatever your heart desires! Here are a few ideas for inspiration:
- Shredded coconut
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Goji berries
I went with strawberries, banana, shredded coconut, and walnuts. Om nom.
I mean it, guys. Endless opportunities. Make yours tonight for a hearty Sunday breakfast! xx Bianca