Another lazy vegan dinner, because let’s face it… fast and easy is ideal when you are being pulled in a zillion different directions. Or when all you want to do is get in your pajamas after a long day and watch Office reruns on the couch, which is totally my case. Busted.
You will need:
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 summer squash, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 10 minutes
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- In olive oil over med heat, sauté your zucchini, squash, and onions for about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a blender, add your soaked cashews, lemon, basil, and garlic. Cashew cheese = heaven. Blend until smooooth!
- Add your quinoa and cashew cheese to the veggies, season with salt and pepper, and cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve [yourself!]
It is serious vegan comfort food, and is super flavorful. Are you ready to get lazy? Thought so!
What are you currently binge-watching? xx Bianca