Before I went vegan, Fettuccini Alfredo was my all-time favorite dish. God, all that butter and cheese and sdfhjksdhjks melting my insides [and slowly killing myself, might I add!] I think back on how HEAVY it was and how I felt every. single. time. after I ate it. Gross, but always went back to punish myself again.
Fast forward to now, and I get a bellyache just thinking about eating it!! I thought I would never have anything like it again… until dun dun dun, CASHEW CHEESE. This recipe is currently one of my favorites and is a go-to most nights. It gives you that dreamy creamy taste that Fettuccini Alfredo does, without the clogged arteries. Want it over pasta? Fine, go ahead and indulge. Me? I’m super happy with my zoodles!! This recipe has no dairy and low carbs. And no, you won’t miss them terribly – it is that good, baby.
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 zucchinis – spiralized!
- salt and pepper, to taste
For cashew alfredo sauce:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and fresh spinach to pan… cover until wilted.
- Once wilted, add your spiralized zoodles and sauté until cooked – take off heat.
- While your zoodles are cooking, you can processor your sauce. Just add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add sauce to zoodles and spinach, mix well, top with crushed red pepper (if you have it – if not, no biggie!)
This dinner will feel much more decadent and time-consuming than it really is. So for all those still craving that alfredo sauce, hurry up and get on this. Healthier means less time in the bathroom afterwards. ;) xx Bianca