Greens and beans, greens and beans! Aside from my all-time favorite Escarole & Beans, I have to say that this easy and garden-fresh dish is a close second. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or even a meat-eater, it is important to get your daily dose of greens into your diet. Not into kale? Well that’s fine, because you have a shit ton to choose from: spinach, escarole, romaine lettuce, swiss chard, collard greens, dandelion greens, the list goes on. This dish in particular is a double-dose for a double-whammy amount of greens. Kale and Red Swiss Chard go great together! Dump in those pretty pink beans and you have a protein and nutrient-packed meal.
Not to mention… red swiss chard is so so pretty.
You will need:
- 8 swiss chard leaves, de-stemmed, rinsed well, and chopped
- 2 cups kale, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt, pepper, and garlic salt, to taste
- 1 16-oz can pink beans
- Red hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Prep your greens according to above instructions.
- In a large pan, over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and greens. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add can of pink beans, as well as seasonings. Turn stove down to simmer and let cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a dash of red hot pepper flakes.
Get your greens & beans on, baby. xx bianca