Stuffed peppers always look like they take a lot of time and effort to make (and taste like it) but honestly… it’s really not the case. I would probably call this a lazy dinner if it wasn’t for the 45-50 minute wait.
The cashew cheese makes the quinoa stuffing SO CHEESY AND GODDAMN DELICIOUS. You’ll wonder why you haven’t been making these babies already.
Oven: 400 F
Cook Time: 40-50 min
You will need:
- 1 cup quinoa, prepared according to package
- 1/2 cup cashew cheese, recipe HERE
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups kale
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 red peppers (or your preference)
- Your fav vegan red sauce (I prefer Trader Joe’s)
- Prep your quinoa according to package, and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add oil, kale, peas, onion, and garlic. Sauté for about 10-15 minutes, or until everything is wilted/cooked.
- In the meantime, make your cashew cheese. I do this in my magic bullet – super easy and quick. Just add the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Add to your veggies on stove, and add quinoa. Filling done!
- Clean and gut your red peppers.
- In a small casserole dish, add 1/4-1/2 cup red sauce to cover bottom. Add your red peppers, stuff them good, and top with remaining red sauce.
- Cover with foil and add to you 400 F oven for 40-50 minutes – or until peppers are cooked well.
That’s it, folks! Now enjoy the comfort food. xx bianca