Currently: Sitting on the screened-in porch with the sun to my back, listening to Feist with the addition of wind chimes. We’ve had a pretty rainy month, but it’s days like this that make me love where we live. It’s perfect. I wish I could bottle this moment up and share it with you all.
Instead, I’ll share my favorite pizza recipe… because, pizza. This recipe is really nothing special, but it’s quick and easy and always hits the spot. And I grabbed this basil from a local farmer’s market, so it’s extra fresh and fragrant (or at least I like to think so!)
Joe always makes the red sauce for pizza, but I gave it a go this time around. I used his recipe, because it’s so good. I don’t really measure the stuff I toss in, so I will try my best to be accurate in the recipe below. The good thing is, you really can’t screw it up… the cashew cheese will save it no matter what ;)
Oven: 425 F
Cook Time: 25-30 min
You will need:
- 1 lb dough (on a floured surface)
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 cups crushed tomatoes (depending on how much sauce you like)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional heat)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Cashew cheese (recipe HERE)
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil spray (or I just rub it with olive oil… either way!) Set aside.
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface, and transfer to the baking sheet. It doesn’t have to be perfect… I mean, look at mine. It looks nice and homemade when imperfect ;)
- Use the remaining olive oil to rub along the crust edges.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed tomatoes, sugar, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Spoon it onto the dough.
- Prepare your cashew cheese according to the recipe link above, and funnel (or dollop) on the pizza.
- Cook at 425 F for about 25-30 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Add fresh basil and serve.
If you’ve never tried cashew cheese on your pizza, do yourself a favor and just do it. It’s not just for vegans, trust me. Plenty of non-vegan friends come over and cannot believe how good it is! This is an easy staple to add to your dinner rotation… promise. Have the most beautiful day. xx bianca