100% honesty – I didn’t make this pizza… my husband did! We both battle for dinner rights usually. I get home before him, so I usually start but he always ends up making something after me. Usually, he opts for a pizza. Sure, I could eat a pizza every night of the week but I try very hard not to – so it is usually stir fry or rice and veggies for me! But this time, I couldn’t pass up on this vegan BBQ pizza. This is what dreams are made of!! A vegan pizza piled high with black beans, sweet potatoes, and green onions – this is why I married the dude. ;)
So, I had to steal the recipe and post on here. Pizza with red sauce and veggies is always great, but this is an awesome alternative. I would probably add more black beans to mine (it would be covered) but you do you.
Oven: 400 F
Time: 25 min or so
You will need:
- 1-lb dough
- Handful of flour
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ~1/2 cup BBQ sauce of your choice – Trader Joe’s has an awesome vegan selection (add more or less as you’d like)
- 1 small sweet potato, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface.
- On a large sheet pan, line with foil and spray well with olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Place rolled out dough on sheet and brush generously with BBQ sauce.
- Top with sweet potatoes, black beans, salt, and pepper.
- Place in 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes (or more if you like a crispier pizza)
- Once done, top with your green onions, cut, and serve.
The perfect protein-packed pizza. I’m always craving this now! xx bianca