Now that I [finally] realized Trader Joe’s carries acai packs, I’ve been on a kick. They are much more inexpensive here than I have seen anywhere else. While I love grabbing a bowl at my favorite local spot, it’s much more budget-friendly to make your own gorgeous acai bowl. I like mine extra sweet piled with a few favorite toppings.
This bowl in particular came out really great, so I wanted to share my personal recipe. There are a lot of them out there, but this is my favorite.
You will need:
- 1 acai smoothie pack
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries or blueberries (I used strawberries, but your preference)
- 1/2 cup homemade cashew milk (or whatever you have on hand)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 tbs coconut flakes
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen cherries, diced up
- In your blender, add acai pack, banana, berries, cashew milk, and dates. Blend until smooth. Add more or less milk based on your preference for consistency. I like mine a bit more on the frozen side rather than soupy.
- Once ready, transfer to bowl and top with coconut, chia, and cherries.
That’s it! A quick breakfast or snack (I totally ate this as an afternoon snack). You can use whatever milk you have, but I love homemade cashew milk. I simply add about 1/4 cup raw cashews to about 1/2 cup water and blend with 2 pitted dates until it is smooth.
When you fill your body with the good stuff, you’ll radiate from the inside out. Give this a try, and you’ll see what I mean. Have an awesome day, friends! xx bianca