Hi friends :)
Simple recipes lately – it’s all I can really handle at the moment. These are not original or unique or anything. I mean, it’s a pretty straight-forward snack recipe but I wanted to share for inspiration. I’ve had a sweet tooth like crazy this pregnancy, and I have been trying to satisfy it in healthy ways. These definitely hit the spot, because who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? It’s the ultimate comfort dessert. Plus… so easy and quick to make!! They last long in the freezer too (if you don’t eat them all in one sitting).
I hope you like!
You will need:
- 3-4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 bar dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tbs peanut butter, melted
- Shredded coconut, to garnish
- It’s very simple, really – slice bananas and line them up on a foil-lined baking sheet (make sure this sheet will fit in your freezer!) You may have to use something else (tupperware or plate?)
- Melt 1/2 of your favorite dark chocolate bar – stir well until smooth.
- Dollop melted chocolate to the tops of each banana slice.
- Melt down peanut butter in a separate bowl – stir well until smooth.
- Add a swirl of peanut butter to each banana top.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut, and freeze for about 2 hours.
- Once frozen, you can add all to a container and seal tight. Leave in freezer!
These will probably become a staple in this house – they pretty much rival my other favorite freezer dessert (chocolate covered dates). And I don’t have to feel guilty for indulging. Happy noshing :) xx bianca