Looooove is in the air! But even better than that, also the smell of cherry cupcakes. Mmmm. Perfect to make for your sweetheart before the big day. And great for guys, because these babies also double-up as Simpsons-themed cupcakes.
That will be him (or, you know, you) – proceed.
Makes: 6 donuts
Oven: 350 F
Cook Time: 15 min
You will need:
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flaxseed + 2 tbs water)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup agave
- ½ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 tsp cherry juice (not necessary, but add more flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup diced/chopped cherries
- 2-3 drops of red dye – for pink color (or you could even use beet juice, if you are opposed to dyes!)
- 1-2 cups confectioners sugar (add more or less for desired consistency)
- 1 tbs water
- 2-3 drops of red dye (or you could even use beet juice, if you are opposed to dyes!)
- Mix flax seed and warm water in small bowl to create your flax egg- set aside.
- In bowl, mix agave nectar, soy milk, flax egg, butter, cherry juice, and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder, and salt to mix, until combined.
- Grease your donut pan and add batter to molds.
- Bake at 350 F for about 15 min, or more depending on your oven. They will have a “bounce” to them if you pat them with your fingers.
- Done? Cool while you whip up your icing.
- For icing, whisk sugar sugar, water, and dye.
- Spoon glaze onto donuts and add sprinkles, chocolate chips, sugar… whatever your heart desires!
- NOTE: I used rainbow sprinkles and Enjoy Life mini chips – so good!
Ready to get your inner-Homer on this v-day? xx Bianca