I’m excited to announce that The Friendly Fig is collaborating with Hold the Eggplant in #MexicanMarch. We’re simply creating amazing vegan Mexican dishes throughout the month of March. Please feel free to join in and tag us in your posts! We want to see what ya got.
Oven: 400 F
Time: 20-25 min
You will need:
- Large sweet potato
- Cooking oil spray
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp lime – plus wedge
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 tomato, diced (or grape tomatoes!)
- Vegan sour cream (I like Tofutti)
- Red pepper flakes
- Vegan cheese
- Hot sauce
- Starting with the potatoes, slice thinly (skin on for crispy edges!) and add to your sprayed baking sheet. Spray again with olive oil and add salt and pepper, to taste. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes (or until crispy).
- Done? Let nachos cool and prep your guac. Add 1/2 avocado, lime juice & salt to processor. Or just mash with your fork. Set aside.
- Layer your nachos! Sweet potatoes, beans, corn, tomatoes, guac, sour cream, red pepper flakes… and 1 lime slice for garnish.
Personal nachos are so easy and if you want to make them healthier, just cut out the sour cream. Trust me, they are just as great with the guacamole (healthy fats #ftw). xx bianca