Oh hey – a two for one-r! This is probably one of my favorite dinner dishes of all time. I found the recipe from Oh My Veggies – and oh my gosh, holy crap. So good! So, I went and put my own twist on the recipe. Aside from that, I also made a bangin’ carrot quinoa. It has this sweetness to it that will make it one of your favorite side dishes. But enough chat, I know you guys just want the damn recipes.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- Dash of sea salt, to taste
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- In food processor, add nuts and salt – blend until chunky.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, and lentils to processor – pulse until it is mixed well. Add more spices if necessary.
- Pour taco filling into bowl, then fold in your cooked corn kernels.
- Divide the filling into the romaine leaves. Add your choice of toppings, and serve!
- NOTE: I added: avocado, banana peppers, hot sauce, and fresh tomatoes.
- Avocado chunks
- Banana peppers
- Jalapeño slices
- Fresh tomato chunks
- Hot sauce
Carrot Quinoa Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup quinoa, prepared according to package instructions
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 dried figs, finely chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions, set aside
- Add carrots, celery, onion, figs, and olive oil to pan over medium heat. Cook over heat, then simmer when veggies are soft.
- Add quinoa to pan, along with soy sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well until combined
This was such a refreshing dish – perfect for a warm night on the patio! Also, the lentil filling stayed well in an air-tight container. So you can enjoy it for lunch, too. I put mine over salad for days afterwards! xx Bianca