Did you know it’s National Chip & Dip day?! So, I don’t have a dip but I doooo have a trusted recipe for salt & vinegar chips! Half-celebrating? Eh, whatever. I’ll chow down on some guac or something later.
So toss your crappy bag of store-bought chips out the window and opt for this all-natural recipe – vegan, gluten-free, and gmo-free.
I have to give my wonderful aunt credit for the recipe – she turned me onto it!! Just a forewarning, this recipe will call for the chips to be soaking overnight, so don’t plan on eating these babies tonight.
Oven: 400 F
Bake Time: 20-30 min
You will need:
- 6 rustic potatoes
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Sea salt
- Wash & cut potatoes into thin slices
- Add to a large bowl, then fill with water and white vinegar – let sit overnight! [Seriously, don’t skip this! This is where the magic happens.]
- The next day, drain water and allow chips to dry on a paper towel.
- On a large baking sheet, spray with cooking oil, add chips, and spray again. Top with sea salt.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-30 min (depending on how crispy you like them!)
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Perfect for that afternoon snack attack, or for kiddos! xx Bianca