These are my new reason to workout everyday. LOL for real though, I need the motivation hardcore. Probably shouldn’t be motivating myself with food… but I consider these bad girls to be some type of superfood! After all, they are packed with dates, walnuts, cacao, and chia seeds. #Sold
What gives these babies the “energy” factor is the fact that they are MADE WITH DATES! Do you realize how great dates are for you? Okay, get by that high sugar content for a second (I’m not saying to eat a whole box!) and listen up. Medjool dates help increase energy generation. According to Medjooldates.com: “The energy that is derived from this date is from the large amounts of Invert Sugars that the Medjool date contains. Invert sugars make up about 70-78% of the sugar content. It is easily absorbed and assimilated in the body and provides the body with energy within minutes after eating it.”
Medjool dates also:
- Loaded with dietary fiber to help prevent constipation
- Contain more potassium than all else
- Contain powerful antioxidants that can help rid body of bad fats as well as reduce the risk of cancers
- Contains at least 15 minerals, including selenium, an element believed to help prevent cancer
- Loaded with vitamin A – helping with eye health!
You will need:
- 10 pitted medjool dates, soaked in warm water
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Chia seeds
- Sesame seeds
- In food processor, add dates and walnuts – blend until crumbly.
- Add cacao, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt – blend again until mixed well.
- Roll into bite-size balls and dip in chia & sesame seed mix.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
I look forward to poppin’ one or two of these in the morning – kills that morning sweet tooth, too! xx bianca