Detox, baby. Anyone else still trying to get their bod ready for beach weather? I’ve definitely been cutting back on all the sweets, and bulking it up in the soup department! Aside from warming up my New England butt, soup is versatile and can be extremely detoxifying. My favorite recipe as of lately is this sprouts and pea pod concoction. Super simple ingredients, and oof, lots of bathroom breaks!! I’m been digging it for breakfast, too. It is surprisingly very filling.
Okay, so let’s get your pea pod on.
You will need:
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups sprouted mung beans, rinsed well
- 2 cups pea pods, rinsed well
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 8 oz. vegetable stock
- 16 oz. water
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté veggies for about 5 minutes with olive oil
- Transfer veggies to large pot, and add veggie stock, water, soy sauce, and seasonings
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for a half hour
Yep. That’s all it takes! And honestly, the beauty of this soup is the fact that you can add whatever veggies you’d like. Toss some onion and carrots in there, too. Hey, how about some spinach? Go crazy. Such an easy recipe, and will have you feeling lighter in no time ;)
What’s your go-to detox soup? xx Bianca