So I mean, let’s just talk about the fucking potatoes for a second. Heart eyes all over the place. I was like, “oh cool… I’ve had purple potatoes before. Oh, and this one has pink skin… how nice.” Got home, cut open the pink one. OH, IT’S PINK INSIDE TOO – DSFNJFSHDJKFDSFJHKSDDSFHJKSD.
I can’t even tell ya who I got these from – so sorry! I was at a local farmer’s market and it was pretty chaotic… unfortunately, I didn’t get a good look at who’s stand it was. I was TOO FOCUSED ON THE PINK AND PURPLE POTATOES. Anyways, enjoy.
Oven: 400 F
Cook Time: 25 minutes
You will need:
- 1-lb dough, I use Trader Joe’s brand
- Handful of flour (to roll out dough)
- Olive oil – as much as necessary, I suppose
- 1 large purple potato, sliced
- 1 large pink potato, sliced
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt, pepper, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes, to taste
- Simply roll out the dough as you normally would, lay on a greased pizza pan, and brush with olive oil.
- Slice those beautiful potatoes!
- Assemble on your dough and sprinkle with fresh rosemary – as much as you’d like!
- Drizzle a little more olive oil and topped it off with spices as you would like.
- Cook at 400 F for about 25 minutes, or until crispy.
- Serve and marvel marvel marvel.
It’s a simple pizza that is bursting with color and flavor. What’s not to love about this? The next time I go to the farmer’s market and see these, I will be sure to share where they are from. In case any locals want to find them! xx bianca