It’s classic. It’s simple. It’s fast. Joe is a huge fan of my potato and leek soup. I like to think it’s because of the wholesome ingredients – none of that processed crap! Quit buying the store-bought version and make your own damn potato leek soup. You’ll see just how easy it is after the jump.
You will need:
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 large leeks, washed well and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 8 oz. organic vegetable stock (or whatever the hell you have!)
- Water, as needed
- In a large pot of water, bring cubed potatoes to a boil then lower heat to medium – allow to soften!
- While potatoes are boiling, add your leeks, celery, and onion to a sauté pan with your olive oil. Add your seasonings and cook until soft.
- Drain potatoes, and add to your food processor, along with the rest of your veggies.
- Add vegetable stock and water as needed (choose your consistency!) Blend until combined (I like to leave mine a little chunky!)
- Season as needed, and serve.
It’s that freaking easy, people. It’s perfect for cool nights and is a great soup to take to work for lunch. And I mean come on… wholesome as fuck, right? xx Bianca