John and I just got back from Seattle. We were there visiting a friend of John’s from college and just exploring the city. I LOVED it and could definitely see myself living there! Here are a few photos from our trip, and some links to vegan-friendly restaurants we went to!
Seattle overall was really friendly to people with special diets. Most places we visited had vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options. Here are a few places we went to:
- Darby’s Cafe (Olympia) – Vegan bloody marys, plus a chai tea with rum. Obviously what I ordered.
- Theo Chocolate – Bean to bar chocolate factory. You’ve probably seen these bars in stores! The retail store sells a lot of things that aren’t available anywhere else, and many of them are vegan.
- Cafe Mox – You can borrow a board game (for free) and play while you eat/drink.
- The Hi-Life – We went for breakfast, but I saw a lot of vegan options on the menu for every meal.
- Cafe Turko – By far the BEST meal we ate while there. Turkish food with a really cool atmosphere.
- Olympia Food Co-op – Stopped here on the way to the airport. They had a great food bar! If you haven’t checked out your local co-op, you’re missing out.