I love cookies. I LOVE THEM!!! I used to be more of a cupcake girl back in the day, but lately I have been on a cookie craze. Aside from my favorite pistachio, sea salt, and dark chocolate chip cookie… these Nutella ones are a very close second. Except there is no Nutella in these – but Cocoa Hazelnut spread by Endangered Species Chocolate.
Who are they? Oh, only the kindest, most delicious chocolate brand in the universe. I recently wrote about them on the blog, and they sent me a surprise package filled to the brim with samples – their cocoa spreads included.
Out of the almond, cocoa and hazelnut, the hazelnut was my faaaaavorite. I can’t stop eating this stuff – it’s pretty dangerous business. They also sent over their latest bar flavors: blackberry sage, lemon poppy, and cayenne, cinnamon, cherry. The cayenne, cinnamon, and cherry bar was super spicy, so if you like spice, you’ll love. I was more crazy about the blackberry sage… and the lemon poppy was my absolute fav. Super subtle and the poppies add a nice crunch! I highly recommend.
Oven: 350 F
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes
You will need:
- 2 tbs Earth Balance Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Sea salt, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prep your cookie sheet with parchment paper – set aside.
- In large bowl, mix butter, hazelnut spread, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and flaxseed until well combined.
- Add salt, baking powder, and baking soda – mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour at a time to bowl, mixing well after each one. Do this three times.
- Fold in choco chips.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, add to parchment paper, and flatten out with a fork. Sprinkle with salt before putting them in oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how crispy you would like them.
- Allow to cool before eating.
I made some of these with the chocolate chips and some without. I actually preferred them without! But that is your call. Thanks again, Endangered Species Chocolate! You are wonderful and I will always support your company! xx Bianca