Pizza life is the best life. Honestly, so many great combinations and it is always an easy dinner option. Plus everyone always likes it [especially Sara Day]. One of my more recent pizza triumphs reminded me of a Philly steak and cheese, for some weird reason. Even though there is pesto… and no steak at all. Or I mean, no “cheese,” really. The flavors work really well, though, and that’s all that matters.
Plus… globs of cashew cheese? Sold.
Preheat Oven: 400 F
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbs water (or more if necessary)
For cashew cheese:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for at last 30 min
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & pepper, to taste
For pizza, you will need:
- 1-lb dough (store bought is fine!)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- To taste: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Starting with the pesto, add all ingredients to your blender/processor and run until smooth. Set aside.
- Next, cashew cheese. Add all ingredients to blender/processor and run until smooth. Set aside.
- Roll your pizza dough out on a floured surface into desired shape. Add to a greased pan and drizzle olive oil on top – I really rub down the outside crust the most.
- Slap on your pesto – a nice thin layer.
- Grab your sliced veggies and spread evenly across dough.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Dollop cashew cheese onto your pizza – as much or as little as you’d like.
- Cook in 400 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Cool, cut, enjoy.
Pizza is always a good choice. xx bianca