Strawberry picking is one of my favorite things about the summer. In fact, back in high school, I was the girl who would set you up with your basket and tell you where you could pick. YUP. Strawberry and blueberry girl – my favorite part-time job ever! I just hung out and shoveled fruit into my mouth for the entirety of my shift. #truelife
So anyways, I hit a local spot the day picking season began, and ended up with 10+ lbs of strawberries. YESSSS <3
I frozen about half of the batch for my smoothie game, and decided to eat the rest fresh… until I decided to experiment with muffins. Lemon and strawberry? Sign me up.
These came out so moist (sorry if you hate that word) and sweet. I used date sugar, which I have been loving. If you can’t find date sugar, use raw, cane, or granulated.
Oven: 350 F
Bake Time: 15-18 min, or until golden
Makes: 12 muffins
You will need:
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup date sugar
- 2 lemons (juice and rind)
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries (fresh)
- At flaxseed and water to a large bowl – mix well.
- Add oil, milk, sugar, and lemon juice/rind to your bowl – mix well.
- Dump in your dry ingredients (minus strawberries) and mix until well combined.
- Spray/grease your muffin pan well before filling with your batter.
- Bake at 350 F for about 15-18 minutes, or until golden.
Cool before eating… it’s hard to wait, I know. xx bianca