If there’s one dish I have really missed since adopting a plant-based diet, it’s chicken marsala. I mean… not so much the chicken as the aurora and gorgeous flavor. So… hey, why not tempeh? Tempeh rules, and so does marsala. Throw in allthemushrooms, and I’m a happy camper.
You will need:
- 1/2 block tempeh, cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 tbs Earth Balance butter
- 1/2 cup marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 – 1 cup water, depending on consistency you want
- Add your cubed tempeh to a bowl – toss with flour, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Add to a plastic ziplock bag, and let sit for a half hour or so.
- While waiting, slice up your mushrooms and onions. Add veggies and butter to pan over medium heat – sauté until cooked.
- Add your tempeh cubed and flour to pan – stir well and add marsala and water. Bring to a boil.
- Set heat to low and allow to cook for about 45 min to an hour.
- Serve over your favorite grain.
I served mine over barley, because barley is life. What will you serve your tempeh marsala on? xx bianca