This burrito should really just be called “whatever the hell I had in the house burrito” because that is exactly what it is. All I know is, I wanted a freaking burrito, and I had a lot of spare veggies lying around. Mix in some cashew cheese – because why not – and you have some serious comfort food on your hands.
Seriously, I was PMS’ing so hard when I made this. Sorry for the TMI, but not really. I just wanted carbs and salt to the face, so needless to say, this did the trick!! You can use whatever veggies you would like for this, but here is what I did…
You will need:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced/diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Brussels sprouts, sliced
- Optional: 1/4 cup quinoa (yum!)
- Vegan wraps of your choice
- In your blender/food processor, add cashews, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until silky smooth – cashew cream done.
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil and all your veggies. Sauté until cooked/wilted.
- If you are making quinoa for yours, make according to package instructions.
- Finally, add cashew cream to your cooked veggies and mix well.
- Add all ingredients to a wrap of your choice, roll it up, and stuff your face.
Seriously, stuff. your. face. Nothing is better than that. xx bianca