Sorry it has been so quiet for a few days. If you follow me on IG, you know I was in sunny FL with my family. It was great to get away, but back to the grind! No place like home :) Sharing sharing a recipe I’ve had on my mind for a while, but just finally getting to it.
If you’ve read the About section on here, you know that I do not label myself vegan because I do consume local, organic honey. More about that HERE. It’s best to be transparent, right?
Now that that is out of the way, [nut] milk and honey tea. It’s one of my favorite drinks. Add the bubbles and I’m in heaven. The bubbles are tapioca balls, better known as boba. I talk more about this and how to prepare them in THIS POST. If you are making the boba for the first time, you’ll have to reference it. You can find them on Amazon if you are unsure of where to grab these guys. You’ll also want to grab the right straws for boba, like these.
This is a really simple drink, and it’s a nice treat on a warm day. You can use your milk of preference, but I love the creaminess of cashew milk. Yum!
You will need:
- 1/4 cup tapioca pearls (I ordered mine here)
- 2 cups water (to cook pearls)
- 1/2 cup water (for simple syrup)
- 1/2 cup raw turbinado sugar
- Tea of choice (I like black vanilla tea)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbs local honey
- Brew your tea of choice and allow to cool.
- While cooling, visit THIS POST to see how to make boba.
- Once boba is ready, add to the bottom of your glass, including some of that dangerously good simple syrup.
- Pour your cool tea, milk of choice, and drizzle in the honey. Stir well and enjoy.
It may seem like a lot, but once you get in the habit of cooking boba properly, it’s simple. Does anyone else have a crazy thing for bubble tea? I can’t get enough of it – I wish there were more bubble bars in my area. We have two that I know of, and they are great, but I’d love to be spoiled with one right in my town. Or maybe it’s good that there isn’t one ;) xx bianca