Good morning, sunshine :)
Sharing a very easy recipe today that looks like fancy breakfast, but really, it only took you 10 minutes tops to put together. That, plus it is also super healthy. Fruit for breakfast is my favorite – it’s clean, sweet, and starts my day with a ton of vitamins and nutrients to get my energy up and running.
Topped with a few different superfoods (hello chia and cacao nibs), I think (hope) you’ll enjoy. Also walnuts, which I have been eating like crazy throughout this entire pregnancy. That’s a good thing, because walnuts are a great source of omegas and are encouraged for pregnancy. Just 1/4 cup is all you need to receive your daily recommended value of plant-based omega-3 fats (among a plethora of other things). Weeeee healthy fats!
Okay, onto this tropical and summery smoothie bowl. Everyone loves a loaded smoothie bowl, right?
You will need:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- Handful of frozen peaches
- 1 tbs maple syrup (or your sweetener preference)
- 1/2 cup water (or coconut water if that is your thing)
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- Kiwi, sliced
- Frozen peach slices
- Chia seeds
- In a blender, add all ingredients for the smoothie base and blend until smooth. Add more water if necessary for a consistency you like.
- Pour into a bowl and fancy up with your favorite toppings. Mine are listed above, but feel free to use whatever you have in your fridge and pantry.
A really simple smoothie bowl recipe for a hot summer day. This is definitely one dish to be eaten while outdoors. Take a moment to soak up the sun and enjoy. That’s what I did.
OH! And don’t forget – there’s still time to enter the HIPPEAS snack giveaway. You can do so here. :)
I hope you have a beautiful day, friends! xx bianca