Truth: Joe and I ate these nachos for dinner and don’t regret it one bit. Who says you can’t have nachos for dinner when the queso is super healthy and it’s loaded with protein? I mean… these are just as good – if not better – then nachos I would eat when I wasn’t vegan and they are way way way healthier. Okay yes, the chips are not great but if that is the worst of it… fine.
This recipe makes an entire sheet pan (which we devoured by ourselves in like 10 minutes) but would work awesome for a party, too. The more people enjoying these cruelty-free nachos, the better.
Just a note that this recipe features vegan queso that I’ve made in the past. Make sure you check out that recipe here before you begin to make sure you have those ingredients ready to go, too.
Oven: 400 F
Bake Time: 10 minutes
You will need:
- Tortilla chips of your choice
- 1/2 cup refried black beans (I love Trader Joe’s or Amy’s organic brand, but homemade or any brand will work)
- Splash of water
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan queso – homemade recipe here
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped jalepeños
- 1/4 cup corn
- Optional toppings: vegan sour cream, lettuce, tomato, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Line a baking sheet with foil and add a layer of chips.
- In a small bowl, mix your choice of refried black beans up with a little bit of water for a looser consistency and some cayenne pepper for an extra spicy kick. Set aside.
- If you don’t have vegan queso, use this recipe to make. I promise, it is easy! Set aside.
- This is not a necessary step, but mostly a tip. You could dollop the refried beans and queso of course, but I wanted to control how much so I actually added each one to a separate plastic bag, closed it up, and cut a small hole so I could pipe it onto the chips. It worked great for both!
- Once your beans and queso are all set, sprinkle on your olives, jalepeños, and corn.
- Stick in the 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- While the nachos are heating up, prep your lettuce, tomatoes, vegan sour cream, or whatever else you have for the toppings.
- Take nachos out and add the remainder of toppings – serve and enjoy!
Fun fact – I had no sour cream so I made my own with some Tofutti cream cheese I had and a little squeeze of lemon. It tasted awesome!
Are you craving nachos yet? Haha! xx bianca