I’m always working on incorporating new healthy habits into my lifestyle. This is one that took me a while to stick with, but I am happy to say that I’ve definitely incorporated it much more lately (and hopefully will get better once the weather cools!) I’m up around 5:30/6 am, and the very first thing I do is either drink a large glass of water or make my mug of this and then spend the next hour or so blogging, catching up on other blogs, etc. It’s my favorite “me” time and sets the tone for my day. Soaking it up as much as I can now before my entire morning routine changes!
I am glad I’ve stuck with it because I’ve definitely noticed an improvement in my skin (which may also be in conjunction with pregnancy). Nonetheless, it’s become a comforting part of my morning routine, and I wanted to share some of my thoughts and the benefits I’ve found while browsing the internet. Both lemon and ginger boast a number of benefits – inside and out.
- Lemons alkalize the body (helping restore balance in pH levels)
- Immune system-boosting, due to high vitamin C
- Helps keeps things “regular” down there, aiding in digestion
- Powerful antibacterial properties
- Detoxes the body and skin (bye bye bad stuff)
- Helps fight damaging free radicals in the body
- Can help boost energy levels first thing in the morning
- Helps relieve nausea and settles the stomach (great for morning sickness)
- May help decrease inflammation
- Great source of powerful antioxidants
- May help speed up metabolism, which could aid weight loss efforts
- Helps manage blood sugar levels
Those are just a few of the benefits that stuck out to me, but there is definitely a lot of reading material out there. Together, these two are a highly powerful combination. I highly suggest looking into it – it was enough to get me on board with this habit!
Anyone else a believer? Share some of your healthy habits with me. xx bianca