Hi friends! I’m sure you know by now that I really love simple recipes… and they may not seem like much, but if you are like me and are strapped for time, then I hope you can appreciate. This stew is super fast. I usually make it while Willow is down for her first morning nap so that I can have it ready for lunch. Most of the time it takes to make this is chopping up the vegetables. Other than that, it simmers on the stove for a while and is ready in no time.
Packed with protein from the lentils and quinoa, it is very filling (especially for this breastfeeding mama). This recipe makes a huge batch, which is convenient for leftovers all week.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup lentils
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepared quinoa (optional)
- In a large pot, add olive oil, garlic, onion, celery, and cauliflower. Cook on high heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add lentils, broth, and seasoning. Bring everything to a boil and then simmer for about 25 minutes.
- If you’d like quinoa in your stew, prepare according to package. I prefer mine with quinoa for another dose of protein.
- Once soup is done, taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Add quinoa to bowl and top with stew. Enjoy!
A lot of people might think this is boring (my husband included) but to each their own. I love meals like this. Still in Florida for the next week, but I’ll be back with lots of pics, I’m sure. xx bianca