Is there really anything better than drinking juice that is THIS bold and beautiful? Call me a girly girl, but pink juice makes me all sorts of happy first thing in the morning. I actually never had prickly pear up until a few months back, and you can imagine my face when I opened it up and it was BRIGHT FUCHSIA. Life. made.
Please note – you’ll need to clean a prickly pear before using it. Make sure you take the skin off using a paring knife! It can also still have some prickles, so be careful when handling.
Aside from being gorgeous, prickly pears have their share of nutritional benefits. Here are just a few:
- Rich source of the minerals magnesium and potassium
- Packed with fiber
- Help aid in regulation of heartbeat
- Contribute to the metabolism of carbohydrate, fat and protein to produce energy
- Great for weight loss, with only 61 calories in a 1-cup serving
- Can help lower blood sugar in people who live with type 2 diabetes
- The only plant to contain 24 of the known betalains, which are potent anti-inflammatory agents
- Known to have hypoglycemic effects
Sold on this beaut yet? Okay, good. Onto juicy juice.
You will need:
- 2 prickly pears
- 1/2 mini watermelon
- 10 strawberries
- 1 green apple
Juice these suckers up and stuff your eyes with pink pink pink! There’s no way you are going to have a bad day when you start it off this way, gf. xx bianca