Hi guys! I have to be honest – I haven’t been doing much in the kitchen, considering how much I have been eating lately. A lot of what I eat is very quick and usually just some chopped up veggies with a side grain. Not much experimenting going on.
But the other night I did end up making a new macaroni salad recipe on a whim. Joe was excited when he got home because he loves mayo-based mac salad (and so do I) but I haven’t made it in a while since going vegan. ENTER JUST MAYO. Just Mayo is my absolutely favorite vegan mayo because it literally tastes… just like mayo (texture, consistency, taste, everything). This recipe tastes just like the good ‘ol pasta salad recipes I used to love at cookouts.
The key to my recipe is having pickle juice. Vinegar is one thing, but… the pickle juice truly elevates the flavor (in my opinion) and this isn’t just because I am pregnant, I promise. Haha!
You will need:
- 1 box elbow macaroni (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 cup chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup Just Mayo
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- Celery salt, pepper, onion powder, and himalayan pink salt to taste
- Prepare macaroni as according to package – when done, drain, rinse under cold water, and add to bowl.
- Add your thawed frozen veggies and chopped fresh veggies along with Just Mayo, vinegar, pickle juice, and seasoning. Taste as you go until you find a balance you like!
Yep, that’s basically it. It’s such a quick dish, as a side or for your meal. I made it for dinner and Joe and I were both eating out of the bowl. You can also add whatever veggies you like, really. Red onion or corn would be good additions, too.
I hope you’ll give this a try. I feel like I’ll be making it a ton now because I can’t stop craving it. Plus, anything with Just Mayo has my heart. Haha! Talk soon. xx bianca