I debated on posting this recipe after I shared on IG because it isn’t exactly a recipe… but inspiration for sure. But I thought oh what the hell, this is a space for inspiration anyways and I always appreciate easy meals to make. This has been a staple during my pregnancy because not only is it minimal energy but puts a dent in my protein intake for the day and ups the folate factor (yes, there is a real nice heaping handful of spinach under all that good stuff!) If you are also enjoying a plant-based pregnancy, I hope you’re excited about this. If you are not pregnant or plant-based or anything of the like, I still think you’ll appreciate because it’s just delicious. Really hope you guys don’t mind me pointing out the pregnancy stuff here and there in recipes – it’s just what I am currently living, so hey. I have to say it!
The very best (though, not the healthy) part of this is the vegan ranch sauce that I’ve been hooked on. I can’t stop making or eating it to save my life.
You will need:
- Refried beans (I use Trader Joe’s black refried beans for 99 cents – they are so great and serve at least 4, but scoop out however much you’d like!)
- 1/4 cup corn (I use frozen)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 tomato, diced up
- 2 tbs vegan mayo
- 1 tbs soy milk
- Dash of pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- In a microwave safe bowl, add refried beans and corn and heat up to your preference (about 1-2 minutes)
- In a bowl, add 1 cup or handful of fresh spinach.
- Top spinach with the warmed up refried beans/corn and tomato.
- In a small bowl, add vegan mayo, soy milk, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well with a spoon until blended.
- Drizzle or dollop ranch onto your burrito bowl and enjoy!
Anything goes here, folks. Red peppers, salsa, avocado, guac, cilantro… whatever you like, add to your burrito bowl. That’s the beauty of it, right? I’m just happy knowing that I’m getting a good dose of folate with all that spinach and lots of protein from the refried beans. That, and it takes under 10 minutes to make.
I hope this inspires a meal for you and would love to hear what you think if you give it a go. Be sure to tag me in your photos, too! I love seeing what you guys are inspired to make from here. Have a gorgeous day! xx bianca