Time to bust out the Italian in me and share a family recipe! Anise is probably one of my all-time favorite flavorings. It’s so bold, and it reminds me of my childhood. Scents and tastes that bring on the nostalgia – can’t get enough of it! These cookies are the perfect addition to your vegan cookie tray, and they are easy to make.
Do I ever post a recipe that’s not easy? I like simple. Simple is good.
Oven: 375 F
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes
You will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed + 3 tbs hot water (flax egg)
- 1 tbs anise extract
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Warm water
- Mix your three dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Create a hole in the center of your dry ingredients, and add all of your wet – mix well until dough forms.
- Use hands to knead the dough, then begin to roll those balls!
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 F for about 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before dressing up with your sugar glaze.
- Mix confectioner’s sugar with a drop of water, until desired consistency – ice… then go SPRINKLE CRAZY!
Get your sprinkle on, baby. xx Bianca
This post is part of A Vegan Holiday, a collaboration among vegan and veg-friendly bloggers. Follow along on social media with #AVeganHoliday. Want to learn more or become a contributor? Find out more here or here.