Time to get your Italian on, baby. I grew up eating this, so I obviously had to find a good way to veganize it without sacrificing flavor. Turns out that cashew cheese gets the job done (and I didn’t doubt it for a second!) A pretty good lazy Italian dinner choice, indeed!
You will need:
- 8 oz. cooked pasta (I used 1/2 bag of Trader Joe’s Brown Rice Penne Pasta)
- Olive oil, drizzle
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 cup marinara sauce (your choice!)
- 1/2 cup cashew cheese (I made mine with 1/4 cashews, 1/4 water, 1 clove garlic, salt, and fresh basil)
- Salt, pepper, and garlic salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions – ya know, do what you do.
- Over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and add onion, garlic, and beans – cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While beans and onions are cooking, make your cashew cheese (link to make is above!)
- Add cashew cheese and marinara sauce to beans and onions – cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta – mangia!
Now excuse me while I get my Italian on ;) xx Bianca