Cookie recipe day – weeeee! I don’t make cookies all that often at home… for the obvious reason that I will eat them all in a sitting and while that is the best time ever in the moment, it is never fun the next day. So, I make them pretty sparingly or for special occasions. These weren’t for a special occasion – I just really wanted ginger cookies. Chocolate chip will always be my favorite, but ginger is a very close second. SO CLOSE. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any fresh ginger the moment I wanted these, but ginger spice worked beautifully.
I even shared some of these with my Nana and she text me about them like crazy – LOL. She loved them… and that is coming from a woman who can be thrown off by the word “vegan.” Needless to say, I was pretty proud of myself!
These are the chewiest and most delicious ones that I have made to date, so I hope that you enjoy them as much as I did. I think you have the perfect excuse to make them, too. Thanksgiving is coming!! They are totally on my list of things to make.
Oven: 350 F
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes
Makes: A little under 2 dozen
You will need:
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Raw sugar, to roll in
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prep your cookie sheet with parchment paper – set aside.
- In large bowl, mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and flaxseed until well combined. About 4 minutes all together.
- Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg – mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour at a time to bowl, mixing well after each one. Do this three times.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, roll in sugar, and add to parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how crispy you would like them.
- Allow to cool before eating.
I prefer mine a little undercooked and chewy, so I stick with about 10 minute. They are absolutely incredible with a cup of coffee – trust me.
Writing this post out was dangerous because now I really want more.
Let me know if you give these a go… would love your feedback. xx bianca