Hi friends :)
Basically, all I have been making and eating around here is soup. Soup is life! I have a ton of go-tos, but I have to keep switching it up so I don’t get too bored. This recipe came from my mom (though I altered it… a ton). She made it a couple months back and both Joe and I were craving it like crazy. We have been making it a bunch, but I am finally getting around to posting the recipe. It deserves to be posted because it is SO GOOD. If you are a mushroom lover like me, you’ll absolutely melt. It’s warm, fragrant, and belly-filling.
You will need:
- 1 tbs Earth Balance butter
- 1 medium vidalia onion, diced
- 2 large portobello caps, diced
- 1-1 1/2 cups crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 tbs paprika
- Lots of pepper, or as much as you wish (about 1-2 tsp for me)
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- 16 oz. vegetable broth
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cashew cream (recipe here)
- In a large pot over high heat, add butter, diced onions and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium, and add paprika, salt, pepper, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and cashew cream. Stir well. I added about 1 cup of water to make more broth – optional!
- Cover and let simmer on low for about 20-30 minutes.
I imagine this soup would be DELICIOUS over some Italian bread. I didn’t have any when I made it, but I think it’s a must for next time. It is a really straight-forward and simple soup to make… perfect for a cozy winter day, or for a dinner party.
So thank you, Mom – this recipe is amazing, and so are you. Now you have to try my new version ;)
What are some of your favorite wintery soups? I’m always looking for new ones! xx bianca