Just another recipe from the pregnancy craving chronicles. I had leftover beefless crumbles from that time I made vegan NY system hot weiners, so hey. Why not?
I’ve never even been a huge fan of chili and cheese fries, but the idea of this really excited me because anything having to do with potatoes and cashew cheese is amazing. The cashew cheese is also loaded with protein (about 7 grams) and the beefless crumbles are also a great source (12 grams in just a 1/2 cup!) And even better, this was a really quick and easy dinner to make – minimal energy.
If you’re looking for comfort food, this is it.
- Oven: 450 F
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
You will need:
- Olive oil spray
- 4 small potatoes, cut into fries
- 1/2 cup Gardein beefless crumbles
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Dash of onion powder
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
For Cheese Sauce:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 /4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp vegetable paste (I use Better Than Bouillon)
- Dash of paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with olive oil.
- Cut potatoes into fries, line on sheet, and spray top with olive oil. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, flip/toss, and bake for another 10-20 minutes (depending on how crispy you’d like them!)
- While fries are baking, add beefless crumbles, olive oil, and onion powder to a pan over medium heat. Toss/cook for about 5 minutes.
- For cheese sauce, add all ingredients into your blender and run until smooth.
- Once fries are done, top with beefless crumbles and cheese sauce. Put back into the oven for another 5 or so minutes.
- Take out, top with onion (optional) and enjoy!
You don’t have to add the onions, but I had some cut up and ready to go so why not. To top with cheese the way I did, I just added the cashew cream to a plastic baggie, cut a small hole on the tip and zig-zagged my way around.
I hope you enjoy the recipe and the rest of your day. Thanks for being here, friends! xx bianca