Soup recipes are basically all you may be getting lately, haha! This is honestly all I eat this time of year and paired with an infant, even more so. Tossing a bunch of veggies into a pan to simmer all day is so much easier than preparing anything else. I usually do this first thing in the morning during her first nap of the day, then lunch is ready in no time. I also make soup in large batches for leftovers – and I freeze sometimes, too.
This is honestly just a glorified vegetable soup, with its title of “golden” coming from the addition of turmeric. Really great color.
Whether you are a busy mom like me or are just busy in general, here’s an easy and healthy soup to add to your arsenal of recipes.
You will need:
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 purple sweet potato, diced (or regular sweet potato – this is just what I had)
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth (or until vegetables are covered)
- 1 tbs turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium and add onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, and sweet potato. Toss and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth until vegetables are covered, then season with turmeric, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Give it a quick stir, turn heat up, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add fresh spinach and chickpeas. Stir and serve.
I hope you enjoy. xx bianca