hiiiii guys :)
It’s 6:33 am – I’m listening to Modest Mouse on low, and Minnie is hanging next to me. I loveeeee these early morning moments before the hustle of the day.
This is a super easy idea… not even a recipe. It’s for all those nights when you come home and just cannot lift a finger for dinner. I mean, you’ll have to do some stuff, but it’s no big ordeal. I love dinners like this, especially in the summer, because I don’t like to cook in the heat. Once October comes, I’ll be making vats of soup and cooking in bulk every weekend (weeee!) but for now, fast falafel salad works.
I grabbed all these ingredients at Trader Joe’s, because Trader Joe’s always has the best vegan everything.
You will need:
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes
- Handful of grape tomatoes
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Goddess Dressing (Trader Joe’s, again)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Fully cooked falafel (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- Wash and prepare all vegetables – slice the lettuce, toss in tomatoes, shred carrot, and slice onion – add to a large bowl.
- Add about 1/4 cup Goddess Dressing (more or less based on preference) and toss salad until everything is coated.
- Over high heat, add olive oil to pan and cook frozen falafel until thawed and crispy.
- Top salad and yummmmmm!
That is literally it. It looks gorgeous, and it’s so tasty. Joe and I make this whenever we are feeling sluggish and need something healthy for dinner.
Seeeeee – couples dinner! Haha – so glad he loves it. Feel free to add in whatever else you may have – cucumbers would be sooo good, or diced red pepper. Sometimes I add frozen corn if I have it, too.
Definitely check out your local Trader Joe’s for the falafel – it’s a healthy protein to have on hand when you need something fast. It’s real deal, I promise ;)
I hope this inspires, and hope that you have the most wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by, as always. You are amazing :) xx bianca