Just typing this recipe up is making me drool, guys. Thankfully, I have leftovers for lunch today because ohhhh my gosh. My Mom actually made this recipe up on the fly, and when she made it for me… it was all over. Had to make it myself! It’s literally the best pasta sauce I have ever eaten… bursting at the seams with flavor. GAH. The best part… it is so easy. You can make this in under 30 minutes and people would think you slaved the day away over the stove. Not the case!
You will need:
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (I used a mix of grape & plum tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup cashews – soaked for 10-15 minutes prior)
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbs fresh basil, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Pasta – your choice or brand and type – I used spaghetti
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, diced tomatoes, and garlic in a pan. Saute and cook until tomatoes are warm and your entire house smells like garlicky goodness. Turn down heat if garlic starts to burn.
- In a food processor/blender, add your soaked cashews, lemon juice, garlic glove, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and creamy – about 3 minutes.
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- While your pasta is boiling, add your cashew cream to the tomato and garlic pan and stir until well blended. Add your basil – simmer until pasta is done.
- Add pasta and stir until well blended.
That’s it! See – so easy and soooooo cheesy and garlicky and crazy freaking good. I love being Italian. xx bianca