Good morning, friends!
A really quick and easy recipe today as I start to wind down before taking time to myself before and after baby. More on that later when I have a bit more energy to write. I’ve been so drained lately (rightfully so) with a mix of anxiousness before our little one’s birthday.
To try and keep my energy up, I made a batch of these healthy fudge bites/balls whatever you want to call them. Dates for the energy, of course. Also dates in general because I heard it eases labor… so along with my caramel date smoothie, these guys have been my go-to.
Cashews for protein. Dates for energy (and ahem, labor). Cocoa powder for my sweet tooth. ;)
You will need:
- 1-2 cups pitted dates, soaked in hot water for about 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs cocoa powder, set aside in a bowl
- Soak pitted dates in hot water for about 10 minutes, or until softened.
- In food processor, blend raw cashews, cocoa powder, and salt until a dust is formed.
- Drain soaking dates and add to processor – blend until smooth. If your “batter” is too wet to work with, simply add more cashew dust as needed.
- Roll batter into 1-inch balls and run through the bowl of plain cocoa powder.
- Allow to freeze for about an hour.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Super easy and only 4 ingredients. Give them a try! xx bianca