Quick post today – nothing fancy. Willow is sleeping next to me and I am really enjoying the calm. It took almost 4 hours to put her to sleep last night (but thankfully she did sleep through for almost 7 hours!) So I had some time this morning to eat something more than just a banana with peanut butter. I’ve been struggling with breakfast ideas while being home, to be honest. I’m getting pretty bored of english muffins/toast but haven’t been in an oatmeal or smoothie mood either (my two other go-tos).
So instead of oatmeal for some warmth, I gave this sweet potato bowl a go. It’s fast and easy to make and packed with fiber. So before Will wakes up, I wanted to share it with you.
You will need:
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Toppings – your choice, but I went with banana, walnuts, and drizzle of syrup
- Bring pot of water to a boil and add sweet potato – boil until soft, then drain.
- Add sweet potato, almond milk, syrup, sweetener, and cinnamon to your blender and run until smooth.
- Add to your favorite bowl and pile on the toppings of your choice.
After I had this, I also had some time to make roasted butternut squash and roasted red peppers… today is already feeling better than yesterday. Thank God for naps! Have a beautiful day. xx bianca