If you know me, you know how crazy obsessed I have been with minerals and rocks lately. Seriously, I am Hank from Breaking Bad.
Oven: 350 F
Bake Time: 12 minutes
Yields: 6-8 donuts
You will need:
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 tbs lavender syrup
- ½ cup soy milk (or non-dairy preference)
- Egg replacer (2 tsp flax meal + 1 tbsp warm water)
- ¼ cup Earth Balance butter
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Donut pan/mold
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (more or less as needed for consistency)
- 3 Tbsp Earth Balance Butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs cashew milk (or your preference)
- Rock candy in your favorite color/flavor – about 4-5 sticks.
- Add first five wet ingredients to a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add last three dry ingredients and mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Grease your donut pan, pipe into molds, and bake at 350 F for 12 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla and cashew milk. You want the consistency to be thick enough to not melt off, so add more sugar as necessary.
- Dip donuts in, allow to drip, and put down to set.
Now… go rock candy crazy! For inspiration, check out all the types of minerals there are. GORGEOUS, right?
These are so stunning for a themed party or… you know, just hanging out at home like me. Just to look at and enjoy. xx bianca