Amethyst is my birthstone, and so naturally… it is the best in my opinion! But even if it wasn’t… how gorgeous?! After my mineral rock candy donuts, I had lots of leftover candy… so why waste? These vanilla cupcakes are simple on the bottom and party rockin’ on top. Pun intended.
Last time I mentioned that Hank from Breaking Bad would love my mineral donuts. This time, I had Ross Gellar in mind. He loves rocks and minerals, right?
Oven: 350 F
Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
Yields: 12 cupcakes
You will need:
- ⅔ cup cashew milk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- See ingredient list here.
- Purple & crystal rock candy
- In medium bowl, milk, oil, vinegar & extract – whisk until blended.
- Add flour, cane sugar, baking soda, salt – mix until well combined.
- Add to your cupcake pan (lined with cupcake holder if you have them. If not, just use spray!) and bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes (or until golden on top).
- Allow to cool before frosting.
For frosting/glaze, use the same recipe as this one. Crush up your purple and crystal rock candy and decorate, baby. Ross Gellar approved.
What’s your birthstone? Use whatever color rock candy you would like to celebrate your birthday in style next time! xx bianca