On dat zoodle grind these days! The best part of zoodles, aside from the fact that they are called “zoodles,” is how versatile they are. Like pasta, you can do whatever the hell you want with them and they will more than likely be incredible. Sun-dried tomato sauce seemed like a good idea.
You will need:
- 4 zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for at least 20 min)
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in hot water for at least 20 min)
- 1/3 cup water (or more for a looser consistency)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red hot pepper flakes (optional)
- In a pan over medium heat, add your spiralized zoodles and olive oil. Sauté until cooked.
- In a blender or food processor, add soaked cashews, basil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, water, salt, and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth (about 2 min). It will be pretty velvety!
- Add a spoonful of cashew cheese sauce to your zoodles and mix until incorporated.
- Plate up a serving, add another spoonful of sauce, and garnish with red hot pepper flakes.
Bon appétit! xx bianca