I’ll admit – some mornings, I get so bored with my breakfast options. It can be a chore trying to figure out what to eat when I get up so early (5 AM). I know I need SOMETHING in my stomach, but I am not crazy hungry when I first wake up. Enter these energy bites. They take no time to make, and even less time to eat. I’ll pop one in to get the day started and it holds me over for a bit… or at least until I’m ready to function and/or hangry.
Just 4 simple ingredients.
Makes about 6-8 energy bites
You will need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 5 medjool dates – soaked for about 5 min in hot water
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- In your processor, add oats and blend until they turn into powder.
- Add your soaked dates, peanut butter, and chia seeds.
- Blend well, then roll into balls (choose ya size)
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before eating – store in fridge
If you like peanut butter, then these are for you. Feel free to get crazy and add some mini chips!
What are your quick breakfast go-tos? I need some new ideas… I am really struggling! xx bianca