Good morning, friends! It’s been gorgeous here lately. The summer heat hasn’t got to me as bad as I thought it would… yet, anyways. Maybe I should go knock on some wood or something, but… hey. I’m happy.
But still, I have been stepping away from the stove top as I always do in the summer and opting for light and fresh recipes. Tacos are always a staple in our house, but especially during the summer heat. These have been my go-to combo lately, not only because they taste amazing but they take under 15 minutes to whip up. Nothing better than that! If you have some of these ingredients on hand (even without mango), I hope you’ll try. So sweet, light, and bursting with flavor.
You will need:
- 3-4 soft tortillas (your choice)
- 1 small avocado – mashed
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2-3 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn (I just thaw out frozen corn I have on hand)
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- Line your tortillas on a plate or counter.
- In a small bowl, mash up avocado with a fork and add the juice from 1/2 lime. You can also add a pinch of salt/pepper, too. Optional!
- Spread avocado mash to each tortilla generously.
- Top with romaine, corn, mango, and red onion.
- If any lime left, go ahead and squeeze a little more on top of these!
- Plate up and enjoy.
Really straight-forward ingredients here, and these are even better when you have some of them from your local farmer’s market. These tacos are literally like fast food to me, minus all the junk and preservatives. Just awesome ingredients.
Plus – mango and avocado may be my absolute favorite food combo of all time. If you have never tried these together… just do it.
I hope you have a beautiful summer day! xx bianca