Another day, another smoothie recipe. I know these are simple, but if I can help someone nail a high-protein breakfast/snack, then hey. I know I am always searching and sifting through vegan recipes with extra protein (pregnant or not!)
This one gets bonus points for tasting like dessert. Chocolate peanut butter pie-like. I’ve had a major sweet tooth during this pregnancy, so I’ve been opting for lots of fruit, smoothies, date candies, etc. I did cave and ate a ton of vegan cake, but I’m only human!! This at least is full of much-needed nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. It’s good stuff!
You will need:
- 2 bananas (I use one frozen, one regular) – 2g protein
- 1 cup chocolate soy milk – 8g protein
- 2 tbs peanut butter – 8g protein
- 2 tbs cocoa powder – 1g protein
- 1/4 cup rolled oats – 4g protein
- 1 tbs chia seeds – 2g
- 1 handful of spinach (sneaky – and optional for extra folate) – 1g protein
- Drop of vanilla extract (optional)
Total protein: 26 grams
- Add all ingredients to blender and run until smooth.
26 grams of protein for breakfast or a midday snack is not too shabby, right? Definitely helps move you along to the recommended 60-70 grams when you are pregnant.
As always, I’ll say you can add your own protein powder to this for more, but I am just not a fan. Still looking for some plant-based protein powder recommendations!
I hope you all have a beautiful day, and give this smoothie a try. Let me know what you think, if you do! xx bianca