I’ve been making this dish like crazy lately – almost every week, honestly. My amazing aunt had us over and prepared this for me. I was so impressed! It’s not always easy to cook with tempeh, but there’s nothing this woman can’t do! I asked if I could share her recipe here, and she was thrilled. I was, too! If your a tempeh person like me, I think you’ll love it. It’s full of flavor and easy to prepare
For me, this has been a win in the protein department. Tempeh is loaded with like 20-25 grams per serving. So thank you, auntie!
Oven: 450 F
Time: ~90 minutes
You will need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 package tempeh, cubed
- 3 small white potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Coat roasting dish (I used a casserole dish) with cooking spray. Add all ingredients up until salt and pepper and toss well. Make sure everything is coated with olive oil and seasoning.
- Add about 1/4 cup water to dish and cover with foil – stick in oven for about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, take cover off, toss well, and leave uncovered for another 45 minutes. Sometimes I let it go for another hour (depending if it looks crispy enough!) I love my tempeh crispy.
That’s it. I love making this first thing on a Saturday or Sunday morning and letting it roast while I blog or clean the house. It makes the house smell so good, too.
So if you have some time, give this a try. I’m really loving it lately, and I hope you’ll enjoy just as much. Have a great day! xx bianca