Ever since I made that superfood cacao bark, dark chocolate drops are my new thing. I find myself making some kind of combo at least once per month because 1) they are easy, and 2) they keep really well in the freezer. I have a lot of chocolate cravings, so this is my solution.
I had a shit ton of nuts in the house, soooo… I went nuts.
Dark chocolate and cacao = superfood status. Mixed nuts = protein and healthy fats. Oh, and chia. Chia is always a good choice. You really can’t feel that guilty when you’re noshing on this. Unless you eat the entire fucking tray.
You will need:
- 2-3 dark chocolate bars (your choice!)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Walnuts, chopped
- Pistachios, chopped
- Sliced almonds
- Cashews, chopped
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Melt your choice dark chocolate – I do this in a double broiler.
- Once melted, mix in your cacao nibs.
- Mix the rest of your ingredients in a small bowl – set aside.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop chocolate and dollop onto foil-lined tray.
- Top with your nutty mix and stick in freezer for a half hour.
I keep these babies sealed up in a ziplock and they stay pretty fresh. So throw out any of those frozen Snickers you have lying around, because that shit is gross and this shit is bomb. xx bianca