Adding peanut butter to soup is my new thing. I’ve always been a peanut butter lover (like everyone else) but can’t get enough of it lately. I added it to my usual lentil stew recipe and it pretty much changed the game. It is even warmer than before. With the additional dash of cinnamon and cumin, it’s definitely something different and unique to add to your list of go-to soups.
Side note: I can’t wait until Willow is old enough to have peanut butter. So many awesome snacks and recipes for her to finally try. Weeeee!
You will need:
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 4-5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup lentils
- Dash of: cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper (to your taste)
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil, garlic, onion, carrot, and red pepper. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add tomato paste and water, stirring until combined. Add peanut butter and do the same (make sure it breaks up!)
- Add lentils and spices (cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper, to taste). Give it a quick stir, cover, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to low and allow to simmer for about an hour.
Peanut butter lovers, I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Have a gorgeous day, friends. xx bianca